- Phone number with country code.
- Email address.
- Select a password and re-enter it.
- Fill out the captcha.
- Send SMS – Once you receive the SMS, input the code on the registration page.
- Click the Agreement link and read our Participant Agreement. If you agree, click the checkbox.
- Click the ‘Signup’ button.
Log in to your account. You will then see the dashboard. Click the ‘Create Worker Group’ button.
Configure your workers in the form of ‘workerGroupName.workerID’. A text box will appear where you can enter your worker group name. The Worker ID should consist of numbers and lowercase letters no longer than 64 characters.
Please configure your workers using the following URLs:
- Primary: stratum+tcp://bsv.svpool.com:3333
- Secondary: stratum+tcp://bsv-cn.svpool.com:3333
If your workers are located inside China please use the configuration below:
- Primary: stratum+tcp://bsv-cn.svpool.com:3333
- Secondary: stratum+tcp://bsv.svpool.com:3333
Please Note: If the firewall your workers sit behind blocks OUTBOUND traffic to port 3333, you can use ports 80, 25 or 443 in the URLs above (ie: stratum+tcp://bsv. svpool.com:80) and we will translate these additional ports to port 3333 on our side.
Until you both set up your worker group and miners on the SVPool application, and configure your miners, you will not yet be mining on SVPool. It is important to try to complete these at the same time.
- To set-up your payout address, scroll down to the ‘Worker Group’ section and enter your wallet ID in the text box provided and click ‘Save’.
- Note: If your wallet address is not in the Cashaddr format, but rather the legacy format, the Save button will not be enabled. Please go to https://cashaddr.org, enter your address and click ‘Convert’, then copy/paste the returned address into the wallet ID textbox in the application account section and click ‘Save’.
- Note that starting Feb 4, 2020, after the Genesis Fork, SVPool will no longer support Pay 2 Script Hash (P2SH) multi-sig addresses.
- This means that SVPool would no longer allow the use of P2SH multi-sig addresses for user accounts, and no longer payout to P2SH multi-sig addresses.
- SVPool accounts, who still use P2SH multi-sig addresses, will have their coins held in their accounts until a valid (non-P2SH) payout address is provided.
- As such, we encourage accounts to please update to a non-P2SH payout addresses, as-soon-as-possible.
- For information on Genesis-compatible multi-signature options, please visit the following sites:
The standard for PPLNS Payout structure is:
Miners Hash / Pool Hash * Reward * (1 – Pool Fee)
Payouts are calculated every time a Block is successfully Mined using Share Contribution of 5 * Network Difficulty. (Difficulty is a measure of how difficult it is to find a hash below a given target.)
You will be paid out every 24 hours, if the minimum Payout value of 0.001 BSV is met.
Payouts will be endeavored to be made ASAP, but may take up to 24 hours.
Our Customer Support Team will send an update should the 24 hour Payout target would not be met (due to unforeseen issues), and would send updated until these are resolved.
Keep in mind that for the PPLNS Payout structure, you will only be paid out when a block is mined. If you do not receive a Payout, check the pool stats to confirm if no blocks were mined since last payout.
To change your email or mobile:
- Log in to your account. You will then see the dashboard.
- Click the icon on the upper right-hand corner and select ‘Account’ from the drop-down menu.
- Overtype the current mobile number and/or email with your new one and click ‘Update Mobile’ and/or ‘Update Email’, as applicable. Please note that we require 2FA on mobile and email changes.
If you change your mobile number and/or email through your online Account, you will be contacted by SVPool customer service to inform you of the change, requesting you to contact us if you did not initiate it.
Please Note: If you change your mobile number and/or email, there may be a delay of up to 48 hours before your next Payout is processed. If your Payout for a particular day does not appear after your email or mobile is changed, the Payout should appear the following day (along with the Payout for that day, if applicable).
If you change your wallet address on SVPool, you will be contacted by the customer service to inform you of the wallet change, requesting you to contact us if you did not initiate it.
Please Note: If you change your wallet, there may be a delay of up to 48 hours before your next Payout is processed. If your Payout for a particular day does not appear after your wallet is changed, the Payout should appear the following day (along with the Payout for that day, if applicable).
We’d be sorry to have you leave us, but if you decide to no longer mine with SVPool, you can remove your miners from our pool any time you like.
If you have any pending partial Payouts, this will be calculated on a pro-rata basis and a final Payout made to your wallet.
Please contact customer service if your final Payout is less than .001 BSV, as Payout will not occur automatically.